Questions Answered About Teeth Whitening
Everyone wants to have teeth as white as movie stars. But we also like our red wine, coffee, raspberries, and the like — and they all conspire to stain our teeth! Lucky for you, at Kalil & Kress we are expert tooth whiteners!
At Kalil & Kress we offer three different teeth whitening options. They whiten your stained teeth by destroying the particles that adhere on the enamel. As the stains are broken down your enamel is restored to its natural white color.
- At-Home Custom Tray System— We make custom trays from impressions of your teeth, and we provide you with whitening gel. Then you fill the trays and wear them for 30 minutes at home for a period dependent on how badly your teeth are stained.
- Hour-and-a-Half In-Office System— With our in-office option, we paint a stronger hydrogen peroxide solution onto your teeth and then activate it with a special light.
- In-Office and At-Home Combination— We believe this combination of both methods to deliver the best results for our patients. You’ll do some whitening in our office, and then follow it up with some home time.
Benefits to Kalil & Kress whitening
Our treatments are:
- 100% safe for your teeth and gums
- You don’t have to give up coffee, tea, or red wine
- Comfortable and easy
- Low to no sensitivity
- Effective even on tetracycline-stained teeth
- Perfect for all ages over 14
How long do whitening results usually last?
Whitening can last a lifetime when maintained. We recommend “touching up” your whitening after each visit with our hygienist. Excessive coffee drinking and other staining foods and drinks will need more frequent touch-ups. Still, your teeth will stain somewhat over time, and you’ll probably want to have another whitening procedure in a few years.
Can I whiten my teeth if I have a crown?
Whitening doesn’t affect crowns, veneers, or implants, as they are made of porcelain and whitening has no effect on them (plus they don’t stain the same as regular tooth enamel). When having veneers or a crown, it’s important to match your natural tooth color, so we may recommend whitening before getting the implant, crown, or veneers.
Are there other whitening options?
Porcelain veneers and crowns are permanent whitening options for the teeth they cover. As mentioned above, porcelain doesn’t stain.
Want to brighten your smile with our teeth whitening options? Call us at Kalil & Kress, 603-880-7004, for an appointment.